Request a Quote
Flammable Lockers Features and Benefits
- Available in 2-hour and 4-hour fire ratings, based on proximity to occupied buildings and/or property line
- Fire-rated construction with third-party listed and fire-rated door
- Gravity air flow vents — UL Listed fire dampers with fusible links
- Secondary containment — continuously welded, leak-tested sump
- Removable, galvanized steel grate flooring
- Door closer — ensures doors close automatically
- NFPA 704 diamond decal provides “Right to Know” information
- Multiple static grounding connections
- Anchoring plates for maximum hold down protection
- Chemical and UV resistant coating, inside and out
- Forklift channels for easy relocation
- Meets EPA, NFPA 30 and NFPA 1 requirements
- FM-approved — including third party tested, fire-rated wall and roof design
- Customizable with a variety of optional features and accessories
Compliance & Approvals
At U.S. Chemical Storage we strive to give you the best solution for your operations. This building and its accompanying accessories can be engineered to meet the following approvals and certifications based upon your unique set of needs.
Pre-Engineered Non Fire-Rated Lockers
Reduce the risk of fines by managing your chemical drum storage needs with pre-engineered, non fire-rated outdoor storage lockers from U.S. Chemical Storage. All rugged, pre-engineered, non fire-rated lockers are manufactured from heavy gauge steel to withstand a variety of outdoor environments and inclement weather.VIEW
Pre-Engineered Turf Chemical Lockers
Pre-engineered, non-combustible turf chemical lockers promote safe handling and storage practices of agricultural management chemicals. Use these rugged, non-fire-rated lockers to house your chemical pesticides, fertilizers, and more, safely and securely.VIEW
100% Customizable – Climate Controlled Tote LockersREAD MORE
Flammable Storage Paint Lockers
Flammable storage paint lockers are designed to storage flammable and combustible materials safely and compliantly. Meets EPA, OSHA, & NFPA regulations.READ MORE
Chemical Storage Inventory
Storing bulk chemicals can lead to a disaster if improper chemical storage buildings are used. Not every building is safe for chemical storage.READ MORE
1. How do I comply with regulations?
Chemical storage buildings manufactured by U.S. Chemical Storage are designed to get your operation compliant. Contact a sales engineer to learn how we can find the best solution for your compliance needs. To learn more about specific chemical storage applications in your area, contact your local code authority.
2. Do I need a fire-rated building?
There are two types of buildings to consider: fire-rated and non-fire rated steel buildings. First identify the materials to be stored and then group them by hazard. There are three steps to consider when deciding between a fire-rated and non-fire rated building. You must first determine what is to be stored and the quantity. Then you must decide where in relation to other buildings and property lines is the desired storage is to take place, and finally schedule a consult with the local authority having jurisdiction or local code expert to determine the storage building requirements. Our team at U.S. Chemical Storage has resources to help analyze your storage needs and building requirements but the final approval is made by the local authority having jurisdiction.
3. How will location affect my building type?
Location of the building can be either inside another building or outside to fit your needs. Fire Separation, which is the amount of fire rating required between two occupancies, or the separation distance between those two occupancies, is determined by the occupancy ratings, construction types, and distances between both buildings. To determine the required fire separation, it is best to consult with your local code authority. If your hazmat storage building is located at distances greater than 30 feet you may not be required to have a fire-rated building.