A general U.S. Chemical Storage chemical storage building.

Request a Quote

The information you provide above will be used to respond to this inquiry only, to find out how we process this information please read our Privacy Policy.

gclid: Campaign Name: Keyword: adgroupid: msclkid:

Chemical Storage

A general U.S. Chemical Storage chemical storage building.

When storing chemicals, it’s important to use the safest and most dependable chemical storage buildings there are. U.S. Chemical Storage offers many different options of lockers, buildings, and accessories to fit your needs. Each of our wide variety of chemical storage units and optional accessories are 100% customizable and meet NFPA regulations in addition to being tested by FM or Warnock Hersey. Our experienced engineers work with you throughout the process, from design to delivery, and help ensure the safety and integrity of our products while working to minimize costs to you.

Lockers, Buildings, and Accessories

While there are many types of chemicals that can be housed within our storage buildings and lockers, building types are generally broken down into two categories: fire-rated and non-fire-rated (also known as non-combustible). At U.S. Chemical Storage we offer both. These buildings are designed to safely segregate hazardous materials in a safe, secure area and each building contains a secondary containment solution in the event of spills.

Types of Chemical Storage

FireLoc flammable liquid storage building from U.S. Chemical Storage and SuperLoc Storage building

Fire Rated Storage

Use fire-rated hazmat storage buildings to safely manage risks when storing flammable and hazardous chemicals. Available in FireLoc™ 2-hour fire rated and SuperLoc™ 4-hour fire rated models.

U.S. Chemical Storage hazardous storage buildings

Non-Fire Rated Storage

What sets U.S Chemical Storage apart from our competitors is the 100% customizability of our buildings. All non-fire rated buildings are professionally manufactured and welded by hand with one goal in mind: durability. Available in three general-purpose categories: ChemLoc™, TurfLoc™, and DrumLoc™.


Compliance & Approvals

At U.S. Chemical Storage we strive to give you the best solution for your operations. This building and its accompanying accessories can be engineered to meet the following approvals and certifications based upon your unique set of needs.

Boldface black letters displaying the phrase EPA compliant   Boldface black letters displaying the phrase NFPA compliant   Boldface black letters display the phrase OSHA compliant   Boldface black letters displaying the phrase FM approved inside a diamond outline   Black text displaying the logos for Warnock Hersey Intertek  

Chemical Storage Buildings

A U.S. Chemical storage building for flammable liquids

FireLoc™ Flammable Liquid Storage Building

2-hour flammable liquid storage buildings that ensure compliance with all applicable codes. Constructed from high quality steel.

SuperLoc™ fire-rated storage buildings from U.S. Chemical Storage

SuperLoc™ Flammable Storage Buildings

4-hour flammable storage buildings ensure compliance while improving efficiency and allow for flammable storage located within 10 feet from and even inside your facility.

A CHEMloc hazardous chemical storage building.

ChemLoc™ Chemical Storage Buildings

For unparalleled protection, use non fire-rated hazardous chemical storage buildings for storing flammable or combustible chemicals at least 30 feet from other buildings. These chemical storage units have countless applications and accessories that can be custom engineered to fit your specific needs.

DrumLoc chemical drum storage

DrumLoc™ Chemical Drum Storage Buildings

DrumLoc™ is a safe and secure non fire-rated storage building and provides ideal protection for large quantities of hazardous chemicals. Each chemical drum storage building can be outfitted to hold from two to 56 drums and will accept a variety of accessories to make operations flow safely and smoothly.

outdoor chemical storage buildings

TurfLoc™ Agri-Chemical Storage Buildings

TurfLoc™ is the ideal non-fire rated chemical storage building for turf maintenance and agricultural professionals. Designed for herbicide, fungicide, and pesticide storage, the flexible design of TurfLoc also makes it suitable for fertilizer and other agrichemicals.



1. What is chemical storage?

It is storage designed and manufactured specifically for housing flammable, combustible or corrosive chemicals, hazardous materials (also known as ‘hazmat’), and hazardous waste. For more information, visit the Environmental Protection Agencies’ website at the following links:

2. Why is there a need for chemical storage buildings?

Chemical storage buildings are designed to store hazmat in safe, segregated, and secure areas, and to prevent or contain chemical fires or explosions, or to contain chemicals from leaking out into the environment in the event of a spill. The need is largely code-driven based on the chemical or materials being stored and the proximity to people, property, or the environment. A fire code inspector, an “Authority Having Jurisdiction” (AHJ), or Insurance Inspector could be any of the people that require the use of one of our buildings and will know the code requirements in your specific location.

3. Do I need a fire-rated building?

First consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) to determine the type of chemical you’re storing and any storage requirements listed. There are two main classifications of buildings to consider: fire-rated and non-fire-rated steel buildings. There are three main questions you should answer before engineering or design can begin on your building: what is to be stored, how much of it is being stored, and where is the location it will be stored? You will also need to consult with your local “Authority Having Jurisdiction” (AHJ) or local code expert to determine your area’s specific storage building requirements. Our team at U.S. Chemical Storage has a wealth of knowledge, experience, and resources to help analyze your storage needs, but the final approval is made by the local AHJ, so you will need to ultimately ask them about your requirements early in the planning process.