TetramethoxysilaneTetramethoxysilane (SiC4H12O4) is a flammable, colorless liquid, that is toxic by ingestion and inhalation; irrating to skin and eyes. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Tetramethoxysilane. Please review our fire rated products: Flammable storage, DRUMLoc, FIRELoc, SUPERLoc
Tetramethoxysilane Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Flash point below 125°F.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in compliant, approved flammables storage buildings, separated from oxidizers and sources of ignition.
- Compatible Details: Oxidizers; hexafluorides of rhenium, molybdenum & tungsten
- Description: Tetramethyl orthosilicate is the chemical compound with the formula Si(OCH3)4. This molecule consists of four methyl groups attached to the hypothetical anion SiO44-.
- Classification: CLASS 6.1
- Brand Name: n/a
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|SiC4H12O4||1.03 g/cm³||121 - 122°C||tetramethoxysilane||152.25 g/mol||organic solvents||4_5°C|