Sodium FluorideSodium Fluoride (NaF) is a colorless, crystalline solid or white powder. It is soluble in water, noncombustible, and used as an insecticide, as well as fluorinating water supplies for the prevention of cavities; toxic. Even though it is not flammable, we still recommend a secure chemical storage building or container that meets specific regulations for storing Sodium Fluoride. That’s why we suggest one of the following: TURFLoc, CHEMLoc, DRUMLoc
Sodium Fluoride Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Non-flammable
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in compliant chemical storage building.
- Compatible Details: Strong oxidizers
- Description: Sodium fluoride is an inorganic chemical compound with the formula NaF. A colorless solid, it is a source of the fluoride ion in diverse applications. Sodium fluoride is less expensive and less hygroscopic than the related salt potassium fluoride.
- Classification: CLASS 6.1
- Brand Name: Dawnmist, Ludent, Fluor-a-day, CaviRinse, ControlRx, Ko
Sodium Fluoride Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|NaF||2.558 g/cm3||1704°C, 1977 K, 3099°F||Sodium fluoride||41.98871 g/mol||Water||993°C, 1266 K, 1819°F|