Potassium ChloratePotassium Chlorate (KClO3) is a white crystalline solid with explosive and strong oxidizing agent characteristics. Even though it is not flammable, we still recommend a secure chemical storage building or container that meets specific regulations for storing Potassium Chlorate. That’s why we suggest one of the following: View All Chemical Storage Products
Potassium Chlorate Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Non-flammable
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in compliant chemical storage building.
- Compatible Details: Incompatible with combustibles and strong reducing agents.
- Description: Potassium chlorate is a compound containing potassium, chlorine and oxygen atoms, with the molecular formula KClO3. In its pure form, it is a white crystalline substance. It is the most common chlorate in industrial use.
- Classification: CLASS 5.1
- Brand Name: n/a
Potassium Chlorate Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|KClO3||2.34 g/cm³||75°F (40°C)||n/a||122.55 g/mol||Water||672.°F (35°C)|