Peracetic Acid >40%Peracetic Acid >40% (C2H4O3) is a colorless liquid with explosive and corrosive characterisitics. This chemical is a strong oxidizing agent.. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Peracetic Acid >40%. Please review our fire rated products: SUPERLoc, FIRELoc
Peracetic Acid >40% Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Flash point 40.5 °C
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in compliant, approved flammables storage buildings, separated from oxidizers and sources of ignition.
- Compatible Details: Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, acetic anhydride, alkenes, organics.
- Description: Peracetic acid, is an organic compound with the formula CH3CO3H. This organic peroxide is a colorless liquid with a characteristic acrid odor reminiscent of acetic acid. It can be highly corrosive.
- Classification: CLASS 5.2
- Brand Name: n/a
Peracetic Acid >40% Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|C2H4O3||1.04 g/cm³||7°F (2°C)||Ethaneperoxoic acid||76.05||Cold water, hot water, diethyl ether, acetone, n-octano||3°F (0.°C)|