MethyltrichlorosilaneMethyltrichlorosilane (CH3Cl3Si) is a colorless fuming liquid. The sharp odor is similar to that of hydrochloric acid. Used as a precurser for forming cross-linked siloxane polymers. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Methyltrichlorosilane. Please review our fire rated products: SUPERLoc, FIRELoc
Methyltrichlorosilane Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Flash point 8°F. Can be ignited under almost all ambient temperature conditions.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in compliant, approved flammables storage buildings, separated from oxidizers and sources of ignition.
- Compatible Details: Incompatible with moisture, water, strong bases, strong acids, strong oxidizing agents.
- Description: Methyltrichlorosilane, also known as trichloromethylsilane, is an organosilicon compound with the formula CH3SiCl3. At room temperature, it is a colorless liquid with a sharp odor similar to that of hydrochloric acid.
- Classification: CLASS 3, CLASS 8
- Brand Name: n/a
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|CH3Cl3Si||1.27 g/cm³||66°C||Trichloromethylsilane||149.48 g/mol||Water-reactive||-106°F (-7°C)|