Methyl mercaptanMethyl mercaptan (CH4S) is a also called methanethiol, colorless, flammable gas with strong repulsive smell, water-reactive, can be lethal. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Methyl mercaptan. Please review our fire rated products: FIRELoc, SUPERLoc, DRUMLoc
Methyl mercaptan Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Burns at atmospheric pressure and normal ambient temperature.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in compliant, approved flammables storage buildings, separated from oxidizers and sources of ignition.
- Compatible Details: Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, alkali and alkaline earth metals, epoxides, hydrazines, ketones, lead, mercury (II) oxide, azo- and diazo- compounds, copp
- Description: Methanethiol is a colorless gas with a smell like rotten cabbage. It is a natural substance found in the blood and brain of humans and other animals as well as plant tissues. It is disposed of through animal feces.
- Classification: CLASS 2.3
- Brand Name: n/a
Methyl mercaptan Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|CH4S||N/A||5.95°C, 279 K, 43°F||Methanethiol||48.11 g/mol||Slightly soluble in water||-123°C, 150 K, -189°F|