Hydrogen Peroxide (>52%)Hydrogen Peroxide (>52%) (2(HO)) is a toxic colorless liquid, explosive, and powerful oxidizing agent. Even though it is not flammable, we still recommend a secure chemical storage building or container that meets specific regulations for storing Hydrogen Peroxide (>52%). That’s why we suggest one of the following: SUPERLoc, DRUMLoc
Hydrogen Peroxide (>52%) Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Not flammable, but a strong oxidizing agent.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Requires compliant chemical storage container.
- Compatible Details: Oxidizable materials, iron, copper, brass, bronze, chromium, zinc, lead, silver, manganese. [Note: Contact with combustible material may result in SPONTANEOUS combustion.]
- Description: Hydrogen peroxide is the simplest peroxide. It is also a strong oxidizer. Hydrogen peroxide is a clear liquid, slightly more viscous than water. In dilute solution, it appears colorless.
- Classification: CLASS 5.1
- Brand Name: Periogel
Hydrogen Peroxide (>52%) Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|2(HO)||1.45 g/cm³||150.2°C, 423 K, 302°F||dihydrogen dioxide||34.0147 g/mol||Water||31.2°F (-0.4°C)|