Hydrogen CyanideHydrogen Cyanide (HCN) is a transparent blue liquid or colorless gas with an almond-like odor, a weak acid. Hydrogen Cyanide is polymerizable. Even though it is not flammable, we still recommend a secure chemical storage building or container that meets specific regulations for storing Hydrogen Cyanide. That’s why we suggest one of the following: CHEMLoc, DRUMLoc
Hydrogen Cyanide Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Not flammable.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Requires compliant chemical storage container.
- Compatible Details: Amines, oxidizers, acids, sodium hydroxide, calcium hydroxide, sodium carbonate, caustics, ammonia [Note: Can polymerize at 122-140°F.]
- Description: Hydrogen cyanide is an inorganic compound with chemical formula HCN. It is a colorless, extremely poisonous liquid that boils slightly above room temperature at 26 °C. Hydrogen cyanide is a linear ...
- Classification: CLASS 6.1
- Brand Name: n/a
Hydrogen Cyanide Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|HCN||687.00 kg/m³||78.08°F (25.6°C)||formonitrile||27.0253 g/mol||Water||7.88°F (-13.4°C)|