Ethyl Methyl EtherEthyl Methyl Ether (C3H8O) is a colorless gaseous ether, extremely flammable. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Ethyl Methyl Ether. Please review our fire rated products: SUPERLoc, FIRELoc
Ethyl Methyl Ether Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Flash point -35°F.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Requires compliant flammable storage container.
- Compatible Details: Avoid oxidizers.
- Description: Methoxyethane, also known as ethyl methyl ether, is an ethyl group with a bonded methoxy. Methoxyethane is a colorless gaseous ether with a medicine-like odor. It is extremely flammable, and its inhalation may cause asphyxiation or dizziness.
- Classification: CLASS 2.1
- Brand Name: n/a
Ethyl Methyl Ether Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|C3H8O||725.00 kg/m³||7.4°C, 281 K, 45°F||Methoxyethane||60.10 g/mol||Water||-113°C, 160 K, -171°F|