DichlorosilaneDichlorosilane (SiH2Cl2) is a flammable poisonous gas, irritant, with a strong odor; it is easily ignited in air, toxic by inhalation, and water-reactive. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Dichlorosilane. Please review our fire rated products: SUPERLoc, FIRELoc, DRUMLoc, Fire-rated
Dichlorosilane Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Container may rupture violently or rocket. Easily ignited in air. Reacts with oxidizing agents.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in a compliant flammables storage building, separated from oxidizers and sources of ignition.
- Compatible Details: Incompatible with oxidizing agents
- Description: Water-reactive, toxic, flammable poisionous gas.
- Classification: CLASS 2.3
- Brand Name: n/a
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|SiH2Cl2||1.22 g/cm³||8°C, 281 K, 46°F||Dichlorosilane||101.007 g/mol||Water-Reactive||-122°C, 151 K, -188°F|