Cyanogen GasCyanogen Gas (C2N2) is a colorless, toxic, flammable gas. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Cyanogen Gas. Please review our fire rated products: Fire-rated, SUPERLoc, FIRELoc, DRUMLoc
Cyanogen Gas Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Burns readily. Flash point below 10°F.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in a compliant flammables storage building, separated from oxidizers and sources of ignition.
- Compatible Details: Avoid strong oxidants and acids, acid fumes, water, and moisture.
- Description: Cyanogen is the chemical compound with the formula (CN)2. It is a colorless, toxic gas with a pungent odor. The molecule is a pseudohalogen.
- Classification: CLASS 2.3
- Brand Name: n/a
Cyanogen Gas Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|C2N2||950.00 kg/m³||-5.8°F (-21°C)||Ethanedinitrile (subsitutive), Bis(nitridocarbon)(C°||52.031 g/mol||Water||-18.4°F (-28°C)|