Cyanogen BromideCyanogen Bromide (CNBr) is a corossive, toxic, colorless solid. Even though it is not flammable, we still recommend a secure chemical storage building or container that meets specific regulations for storing Cyanogen Bromide. That’s why we suggest one of the following: SUPERLoc, FIRELoc
Cyanogen Bromide Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Not flammable, but apt to explode if impure.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in compliant chemical storage building.
- Compatible Details: Water and acids.
- Description: Cyanogen bromide is a pseudohalogen compound with the formula CNBr. It is a colorless solid that is widely used to modify biopolymers, fragment proteins and peptides, and synthesize other compounds.
- Classification: CLASS 6.1, CLASS 8
- Brand Name: n/a
Cyanogen Bromide Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|CNBr||2.02 g/cm³||61-62°C, 334-335 K, 142-144°F||Carbononitridic bromide||105.921 g/mol||Water, diethyl ether||50-53°C, 323-326 K, 122-127°F|