Calcium, metalCalcium, metal (Ca) is a white metal, a reducing agent, deoxidozer, desulfurizer, and decarbonizer. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Calcium, metal. Please review our fire rated products: Fire-rated, SUPERLoc, FIRELoc, DRUMLoc
Calcium, metal Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Flammable. Water-reactive, so fight fires accordingly.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Requires storage building approved for flammables storage.
- Compatible Details: Oxidizing agents, alcohol, moisture
- Description: Calcium is the chemical element with symbol Ca and atomic number 20. Calcium is a soft gray alkaline earth metal, and is the fifth-most-abundant element by mass in the Earth's crust.
- Classification: CLASS 4.3
- Brand Name: n/a
Calcium, metal Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|Ca||1.55 g/cm³||1757 K, 1484°C, 2703°F||n/a||n/a||Water (reacts)||1115 K, 842°C, 1548°F|