AcrylonitrileAcrylonitrile (C3H3N) is a clear liquid, used in insecticides and to make plastics, fibers, and other chemicals. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Acrylonitrile. Please review our fire rated products: Fire-rated, SUPERLoc, DRUMLoc
Acrylonitrile Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Flash point 3°F
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. May polymerize spontaneously in container in absence of oxygen or on exposure to visible light; may cause violent rupture.
- Compatible Details: Strong oxidizers (especially bromine) copper and copper alloys
- Description: Acrylonitrile is a chemical compound with the formula C 3H 3N. This colorless liquid often appears yellow due to impurities. It is an important monomer for the manufacture of useful plastics such as polyacrylonitrile.
- Classification: CLASS 3, CLASS 6.1
- Brand Name: n/a
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|C3H3N||810.00 kg/m³||170.°F (7°C)||2-propenenitrile||53.06 g/mol||Diethyl ether, acetone, isopropyl alcohol, benzene & al||-119°F (-84°C)|