AcetyleneAcetylene (C2H2) is a colorless gas with garlic-like odor, highly flammable. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Acetylene. Please review our fire rated products: SUPERLoc, FIRELoc, Fire-rated
Acetylene Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Extremely flammable, explosive and very unstable. Acetylene burns at a fast rate and forms explosive compounds with other chemicals.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in compliant flammables storage buildings.
- Compatible Details: Zinc; oxygen & other oxidizing agents such as halogens
- Description: Acetylene is the chemical compound with the formula C2H2. It is a hydrocarbon and the simplest alkyne. This colorless gas is widely used as a fuel and a chemical building block. It is unstable in pure form and thus is usually handled as a solution.
- Classification: CLASS 2.1
- Brand Name: n/a
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|C2H2||1.10 g/cm³||-119.°F (-8°C)||Acetylene||26.04 g/mol||acetone, benzene, chloroform, ether & slightly soluble||-113.°F (-80.°C)|