Storage of Pesticides and Other Agrichemicals
How To Safely Store Pesticides
Pesticides must be properly stored in order to avoid hazards to human health and the environment. Improper pesticide storage can cause great risks to personnel and operations and in order to avoid risks, safe pesticide storage is necessary. Many States require different pesticide storage regulations, therefore contacting your local government for specific rules and regulations regarding pesticide storage is advised. Follow these safety recommendations below to ensure proper pesticide storage for your operations.
Safe Pesticide Storage Guidelines
- Read and understand pesticide storage labels before storing or transporting inventory.
- Do not stockpile pesticide storage. Limit inventory to only the amount needed for the current year or season.
- Organize pesticide storage by using shelving and/or racks, depending on your storage application and container size.
- Implement a mechanical ventilation system inside your pesticide storage building to eliminate toxic fumes, gases or dusts. Continuous air circulation will provide a safe pesticide storage atmosphere.
- Keep pesticide inventory away from ignition sources including direct sunlight or heat.
- Do not store incompatible materials beside or inside the same storage unit.
- Properly label pesticide storage containers to avoid confusion with other materials being stored.
- Store pesticides in their original containers. Original containers are designed with materials that will withstand the chemicals in specific pesticides.
- Ensure that your pesticide storage building is locked, when not in use.
- If a container’s label is torn or damaged replace the label.
- Keep temperatures stable. Climate controlled chemical storage buildings are designed to keep pesticides and other hazmat stable. Be sure to read storage instructions for each type of pesticide.
- Do not dispose of pesticides or other agricultural chemicals down drains. Contact your local Department of Environmental Protection for disposal techniques.
Safe Pesticide Storage Solutions
Safe storage of pesticides is critical to human health and keeping the environment safe. Pesticide storage buildings are designed to safely store pesticides, chemicals, hazardous materials and wastes compliantly. Contact US Chemical Storage to learn more about your storage options.
Learn more about safe pesticide storage here.
Call 888-294-2729 to receive a free quote on a pesticide storage buildings today.