TrimethoxxysilaneTrimethoxxysilane (C3H10O3Si) is a colorless liquid that is slightly soluble in water and denser than water, hence floats on water. It is very toxic by ingestion, inhalation or skin absorption and may also be corrosive to the skin and/or eyes. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Trimethoxxysilane. Please review our fire rated products: Flammable storage, DRUMLoc, FIRELoc
Trimethoxxysilane Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Flammable/combustible material. May be ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignit
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in compliant, approved flammables storage buildings, separated from oxidizers and sources of ignition.
- Compatible Details: Trimethoxysilane may accumulate static electricity; hazardous polymerization may occur.
- Classification: n/a
- Brand Name: n/a
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|C3H10O3Si||0.96 g/mL at 25°C(lit.)||81°C(lit.)||n/a||n/a||slightly soluable in water||n/a|