Trichloroisocyanuric AcidTrichloroisocyanuric Acid (C3Cl3N3O3) is a disinfectant. The chemical is used as an industrial disinfectant, algicide and bactericide mainly for swimming pools and dyestuffs. It is also used as a bleaching agent in the textile industries. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Trichloroisocyanuric Acid. Please review our fire rated products: Flammable storage, DRUMLoc, FIRELoc
Trichloroisocyanuric Acid Storing Details
- Flammable Details: May explode on exposure to sunlight or heat
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in compliant, approved flammables storage buildings, separated from oxidizers and sources of ignition.
- Compatible Details: react vigorously with ammonium compounds or hydrated salts. Prolonged exposure to heat may result in the vigorous decomposition with the rupture of containers. Accelerates the burning of combustible materials [AAR 1991]. May reactwith alcohols to yield alkyl hypochlorites that decompose in the cold and explode on exposure to sunlight or heat. Hypochlorites of tertiary alcohols are less unstable than those of secondary or primary alcohols
- Description: Trichloroisocyanuric acid is an organic compound with the formula. It is used as an industrial disinfectant, bleaching agent and a reagent in organic synthesis.
- Classification: CLASS 5.1
- Brand Name: n/a
Trichloroisocyanuric Acid Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|C3Cl3N3O3||2.19 g/cm³||decomp.||n/a||232.41 g/mol||in water 0.2%||246_47°C|