Sodium CyanideSodium Cyanide (NaCN) is a water-reactive, white crystalline, toxic solid that is deadly by ingestion. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Sodium Cyanide. Please review our fire rated products: View All Chemical Storage Products
Sodium Cyanide Storing Details
- Flammable Details: May be combustible at high temperature.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in compliant, approved flammables storage buildings, separated from oxidizers and sources of ignition.
- Compatible Details: Strong oxidizers (such as acids, acid salts, chlorates & nitrates) [Note: Absorbs moisture from the air forming a syrup.]
- Description: Sodium cyanide is an inorganic compound with the formula NaCN. It is a white, water-soluble solid. Cyanide has a high affinity for metals, which leads to the high toxicity of this salt.
- Classification: CLASS 6.1
- Brand Name: n/a
Sodium Cyanide Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|NaCN||1.60 g/cm³||2,72°F (1,49°C)||Cyanide||49.0072 g/mol||Water||1,04°F (563.°C)|