SilaneSilane (H4Si) is a colorless, flammable, poisonous gas that has a strong repulsive odor. It is very toxic, water-reactive, pyrophoric, and is a strong reducing agent. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Silane. Please review our fire rated products: FIRELoc, Flammable storage, SUPERLoc
Silane Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Easily ignited in air; reacts with oxidizing agents.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in compliant, approved flammables storage buildings, separated from oxidizers and sources of ignition.
- Compatible Details: Incompatible with oxidizing agents.
- Description: Silane is an inorganic compound with chemical formula SiH4. It is a colourless, flammable gas with a sharp, repulsive smell, somewhat similar to that of acetic acid Silane is of practical interest as a precursor to silicon metal.
- Classification: CLASS 2.1
- Brand Name: n/a
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|H4Si||1.34 g/cm³||112°C, 161 K, -170°F||Silane||32.12 g/mol||Water-Reactive||-30°F (-18°C)|