Phosphorus PentasulfidePhosphorus Pentasulfide (P4S10) is a yellow solid and through impurities render samples greenish-gray. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Phosphorus Pentasulfide. Please review our fire rated products: View All Chemical Storage Products
Phosphorus Pentasulfide Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Highly flammable solid
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in compliant, approved flammables storage buildings, separated from oxidizers and sources of ignition.
- Compatible Details: Water, alcohols, strong oxidizers, acids, alkalis [Note: Reacts with water to form hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide, and phosphoric acid.]
- Description: Phosphorus pentasulfide is the inorganic compound with the formula P4S10. This yellow solid is the one of two phosphorus sulfides of commercial value. Samples often appear greenish-gray due to impurities.
- Classification: CLASS 4.3
- Brand Name: n/a
Phosphorus Pentasulfide Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|P4S10||2.09 g/cm³||957.°F (51°C)||n/a||444.555 g/mol||Reacts with Water||550.°F (28°C)|