Phenylmercuric Acetate, organicPhenylmercuric Acetate, organic (C8H8HgO2) is a a highly toxic chemica made out of small lustrous prisms. It is used as an herbicide and fungicide. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Phenylmercuric Acetate, organic. Please review our fire rated products: View All Chemical Storage Products
Phenylmercuric Acetate, organic Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Must be preheated before ignition can occur. Fire may produce poisonous gases. Flash point 140° F .
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in compliant, approved flammables storage buildings, separated from oxidizers and sources of ignition.
- Compatible Details: Incompatible with halides and oxidizing agents.
- Description: Phenylmercuric acetate is an organomercury compound. This compound was formerly used as a preservative in paints, and as a disinfectant. When applied to the leaves of plants, it is an antitranspirant.
- Classification: CLASS 6.1
- Brand Name: n/a
Phenylmercuric Acetate, organic Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|C8H8HgO2||2.4 g/cm³||N/A||n/a||336.75 g/mol||Slightly soluble in water.||300° F|