Methylene ChlorideMethylene Chloride (CH2Cl2) is a colorless liquid with sweet, ether-like odor, used as a solvent and paint remover. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Methylene Chloride. Please review our fire rated products: View All Chemical Storage Products
Methylene Chloride Storing Details
- Flammable Details: May be combustible at high temperature.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in compliant, approved flammables storage buildings, separated from oxidizers and sources of ignition.
- Compatible Details: Incompatible with strong oxidizers, strong caustics and chemically active metals such as aluminum or magnesium powders.
- Description: Dichloromethane or methylene chloride is an organic compound with the formula CH2Cl2. This colorless, volatile liquid with a moderately sweet aroma is widely used as a solvent.
- Classification: CLASS 6.1
- Brand Name: n/a
Methylene Chloride Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|CH2Cl2||1.33 g/cm³||103.°F (39.°C)||Dichloromethane||84.93 g/mol||Methanol, Diethyl Ether, n-octanol, acetone||-142°F (-96.°C)|