Methyl Chloromethyl EtherMethyl Chloromethyl Ether (C2H5ClO) is a flammable, toxic, peroxidizable, colorless oil. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Methyl Chloromethyl Ether. Please review our fire rated products: FIRELoc, SUPERLoc, DRUMLoc
Methyl Chloromethyl Ether Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Flash point -4°F.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in compliant, approved flammables storage buildings, separated from oxidizers and sources of ignition.
- Compatible Details: Water [Note: Reacts with water to form hydrochloric acid & formaldehyde.]
- Description: Chloromethyl methyl ether is a compound with formula CH3OCH2Cl. It is a chloroalkyl ether. It is used as an alkylating agent and industrial solvent to manufacture dodecylbenzyl chloride, water repellents, ...
- Classification: CLASS 6.1
- Brand Name: n/a
Methyl Chloromethyl Ether Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|C2H5ClO||1.06 g/cm³||328-330 K, 55-57°C||chloro(methoxy)methane||80.51 g/mol||n/a||-154°F|