Lithium HydrideLithium Hydride (LiH) is a white or translucent mass or powder (the commercial product is gray), highly water-reactive. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Lithium Hydride. Please review our fire rated products: FIRELoc, SUPERLoc, DRUMLoc
Lithium Hydride Storing Details
- Flammable Details: May ignite spontaneously in air.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Use proper flammable materials storage building.
- Compatible Details: Incompatible with air and moisture, nitrous oxide, strong oxidizers, and liquid oxygen.
- Description: Lithium hydride is the inorganic compound with the formula LiH. It is a colorless solid, although commercial samples are gray.
- Classification: CLASS 4.3
- Brand Name: n/a
Lithium Hydride Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|LiH||820.00 kg/m³||decomposes at 900-1000°C||n/a||7.95 g/mol||Water--Reacts||1,278°F (692°C)|