Lithium Aluminum HydrideLithium Aluminum Hydride (LiAlH4) is a white to gray powder used as a polymerization catalyst, a hydrogen source, and a propellant. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Lithium Aluminum Hydride. Please review our fire rated products: FIRELoc, SUPERLoc, DRUMLoc
Lithium Aluminum Hydride Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Flammable.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Requires compliant flammable storage container.
- Compatible Details: Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, alcohols, and acids.
- Description: Lithium aluminium hydride, commonly abbreviated to LAH or known as LithAl, is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula LiAlH4. It was discovered by Finholt, Bond and Schlesinger in 1947.
- Classification: CLASS 4.3
- Brand Name: n/a
Lithium Aluminum Hydride Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|LiAlH4||917.00 kg/m³||N/A||Lithium aluminium hydride||37.95 g/mol||Water--Reacts||302°F (150°C)|