Hydrogen SulfideHydrogen Sulfide (H2S) is a colorless flammable gas with odor of rotten eggs. It is lethal and denser than air. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Hydrogen Sulfide. Please review our fire rated products: SUPERLoc, DRUMLoc, FIRELoc, Flammable Stoage
Hydrogen Sulfide Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Flammable.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Requires compliant flammable storage container.
- Compatible Details: Strong oxidizers, strong nitric acid, metals
- Description: Hydrogen sulfide is the chemical compound with the formula H 2S. It is a colorless gas with the characteristic foul odor of rotten eggs; it is heavier than air, very poisonous, corrosive, flammable and explosive.
- Classification: CLASS 2.3
- Brand Name: n/a
Hydrogen Sulfide Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|H2S||1.36 kg/m³||-76°F (-60°C)||n/a||34.0809 g/mol||Water||-115.6°F (-82°C)|