Hydriodic AcidHydriodic Acid (HI) is a corrosive clear liquid, a strong acid that fumes in moist air. Even though it is not flammable, we still recommend a secure chemical storage building or container that meets specific regulations for storing Hydriodic Acid. That’s why we suggest one of the following: CHEMLoc, DRUMLoc
Hydriodic Acid Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Not flammable.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Flammable storage building is required with storage temperature at 2-8 ?C
- Compatible Details: Incompatible with bases, amines.
- Description: Hydrogen iodide is a diatomic molecule. Aqueous solutions of HI are known as hydroiodic acid or hydriodic acid, a strong acid.
- Classification: CLASS 2.3
- Brand Name: n/a
Hydriodic Acid Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|HI||2.85 g/cm³||-29.2°F (-34°C)||Hydrogen iodide||127.911 g/mol||Water||-59.8°F (-51°C)|