GermaneGermane (GeH4) is a toxic, flammable, colorless gas. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Germane. Please review our fire rated products: SUPERLoc, Flammable storage
Germane Storing Details
- Flammable Details: May be ignited by heat, sparks, or flames. Cylinders exposed to flame may release toxic and flammable gas through pressure relief devices. Runoff may creat
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards.
- Compatible Details: Bromine
- Description: Germane is the chemical compound with the formula GeH4, and the germanium analogue of methane. It is the simplest germanium hydride and one of the most useful compounds of germanium.
- Classification: CLASS 2.3
- Brand Name: n/a
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|GeH4||3.30 g/cm³||-88°C (185 K)||Germane||76.62 g/mol||Water-Reactive||-165°C (108 K)|