FurfuralFurfural (C5H4O2) is a colorless oil derived from agricultural byproducts. Furfural is peroxidizable. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Furfural. Please review our fire rated products: TURFLoc, Flammable storage
Furfural Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Flash point 140°F.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Requires compliant flammable storage container.
- Compatible Details: trong acids, oxidizers, strong alkalis [Note: May polymerize on contact with strong acids or strong alkalis.]
- Description: Furfural is an organic compound derived from a variety of agricultural byproducts, including corncobs, oat, wheat bran, and sawdust. The name furfural comes from the Latin word furfur, meaning bran, referring to its usual source.
- Classification: CLASS 6.1
- Brand Name: n/a
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|C5H4O2||1.16 g/cm³||162°C, 435 K, 324°F||Furan-2-carbaldehyde||96.08 g/mol||Water, diethyl ether, chloroform, ethanol, benzene, pet||-37°C, 236 K, -35°F|