EthyleneEthylene (C2H4) is a hydrocarbon, a colorless flammable gas. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Ethylene. Please review our fire rated products: SUPERLoc, FIRELoc
Ethylene Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Extremely flammable. Flash point -136 °C. Autoignition temperature 542.8 °C
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Requires compliant flammable storage container.
- Compatible Details: Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- Description: Ethylene is a hydrocarbon with the formula C 2H 4 or H2C=CH2. It is a colorless flammable gas with a faint "sweet and musky" odor when pure. It is the simplest alkene, and the simplest unsaturated hydrocarbon after acetylene.
- Classification: CLASS 2.1
- Brand Name: n/a
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|C2H4||1.18 kg/m³||-154.7°F (-103.7°C)||Ethene||28.05 g/mol||Diethyl ether, Water, Ethanol||-272.6°F (-169.2°C)|