Dimethyl SulfateDimethyl Sulfate (C2H6O4S) is a colorless oily liquid, odorless. It is water-reactive, giving sulfuric acid with evolution of heat. Toxic by inhalation. Potent methylating agent. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Dimethyl Sulfate. Please review our fire rated products: FIRELoc, DRUMLoc, SUPERLoc
Dimethyl Sulfate Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Flash point 182°F.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Use proper flammable materials storage building.
- Compatible Details: Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents and strong bases..
- Description: Dimethyl sulfate is a chemical compound with formula (CH3O)2SO2. As the diester of methanol and sulfuric acid, its formula is often written as (CH3)2SO4 or even Me2SO4, where CH3 or Me is methyl.
- Classification: CLASS 6.1
- Brand Name: n/a
Dimethyl Sulfate Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|C2H6O4S||1.33 g/cm³||370.4°F (188°C)||n/a||126.13 g/mol||Water-Reactive||-25.6°F (-32°C)|