Diketene, inhibitedDiketene, inhibited (C4H4O2) is a flammable, colorless liquid. It is explosive and polymerizable and used to make paints and pharmaceuticals. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Diketene, inhibited. Please review our fire rated products: FIRELoc, DRUMLoc, SUPERLoc
Diketene, inhibited Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Flammable.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in a compliant flammables storage building, separated from oxidizers and sources of ignition.
- Compatible Details: Separate from oxidizers, acids, and alkalies.
- Description: Diketene is an organic compound formed by dimerization of ethenone. Diketene is a member of the oxetane family. It is used as a chemical reagent in organic chemistry. It is a colorless liquid and heating regenerates the ketene monomer.
- Classification: CLASS 6.1
- Brand Name: n/a
Diketene, inhibited Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|C4H4O2||1.09 g/cm³||260.6°F (127°C)||4-methylideneoxetan-2-one||84.08 g/mol||Water||-7°C|