DiisopropylamineDiisopropylamine (C6H15N) is a flammable, corrosive colorless liquid. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Diisopropylamine. Please review our fire rated products: SUPERLoc, FIRELoc, Flammable storage
Diisopropylamine Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Flammable. Flash point around 20°F.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store at room temperature. Air sensitive.
- Compatible Details: Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- Description: Diisopropylamine is a secondary amine with the chemical formula (CH3)2HC-NH-CH(CH3)2. It is best known as its lithium salt, lithium diisopropylamide, known as "LDA". LDA is a strong, non-nucleophilic base.
- Classification: CLASS 3, CLASS 8
- Brand Name: n/a
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|C6H15N||717.00 kg/m³||83-85°C, 356-358 K, 181-185°F||N-Isopropylpropan-2-amine||101.19 g/mol||Water||-61°C, 212.15 K, -78°F|