DiethylzincDiethylzinc ((C2H5)2Zn) is a toxic, flammable, corrosive, colorless liquid, used as aircraft fuel. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Diethylzinc. Please review our fire rated products: FIRELoc, SUPERLoc, Flammable storage
Diethylzinc Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Ignites on contact with oxidizer.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in a compliant flammables storage building, separated from oxidizers and sources of ignition.
- Compatible Details: Incompatible with oxidizers.
- Description: Diethylzinc (C2H5)2Zn, or DEZn, is a highly pyrophoric organozinc compound consisting of a zinc center bound to two ethyl groups.
- Classification: CLASS 4.3
- Brand Name: n/a
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|(C2H5)2Zn||1.20 g/cm³||242.6°F (117°C)||diethylzinc||123.5 g/mol||Reacts with Water||-18.4°F (-28°C)|