ChloroformChloroform (CHCl3) is a colorless liquid, sweet-smelling trihalomethane, considered hazardous. Even though it is not flammable, we still recommend a secure chemical storage building or container that meets specific regulations for storing Chloroform. That’s why we suggest one of the following: CHEMLoc, DRUMLoc
Chloroform Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Not flammable.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in compliant chemical storage building.
- Compatible Details: dinitrogen tetraoxide, fluorine, sodium metal and alcohols, nitromethane, and triisopropylphosphine.
- Description: Chloroform is an organic compound with formula CHCl3. It is one of the four chloromethanes. The colorless, sweet-smelling, dense liquid is a trihalomethane, and is considered somewhat hazardous.
- Classification: CLASS 6.1
- Brand Name: n/a
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|CHCl3||1.48 g/cm³||142.2°F (61.2°C)||Chloroform||119.38 g/mol||Water||-82.3°F (-63.5°C)|