Chloroacetyl ChlorideChloroacetyl Chloride (C2H2Cl2O) is a toxic colorless liquid corrosive, water- and air-reactive. Even though it is not flammable, we still recommend a secure chemical storage building or container that meets specific regulations for storing Chloroacetyl Chloride. That’s why we suggest one of the following: CHEMLoc, SUPERLoc
Chloroacetyl Chloride Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Not flammable.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in compliant chemical storage building.
- Compatible Details: strong bases, alcohols, strong oxidizing agents.
- Description: Chloroacetyl chloride is a chlorinated acyl chloride. It is a bifunctional compound, making it a useful building block chemical.
- Classification: CLASS 6.1
- Brand Name: n/a
Chloroacetyl Chloride Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|C2H2Cl2O||1.42 g/cm³||106°C, 379 K, 223°F||chloroacetyl chloride||112.94 g/mol||n/a||-22°C, 251 K, -8°F|