Calcium CarbideCalcium Carbide (CaC2) is a white to gray/black solid powder or crystal that reacts with water, strong reducing agent. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Calcium Carbide. Please review our fire rated products: Fire-rated
Calcium Carbide Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Can be ignited under almost all ambient temperatures. Water-reactive, so fight fires accordingly.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in a compliant flammables storage building, separated from oxidizers and sources of ignition.
- Compatible Details: moisture, water, strong oxidizing agents, alcohols, hydrogen chloride, magnesium.
- Description: Calcium carbide is a chemical compound with the chemical formula of Ca C2. Its main use industrially is in the production of acetylene and calcium cyanamide.
- Classification: CLASS 4.3
- Brand Name: n/a
Calcium Carbide Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|CaC2||2.22 g/cm³||2300°C, 2573 K, 4172°F||Calcium Carbide||64.099 g/mol||n/a||2160°C, 2433 K, 3920°F|