Arsenic TrioxideArsenic Trioxide (As2O3) is a chemical taking the form of white or transparent, glassy amorphous lumps or crystalline powder. It is corrosive in the presence of moisture and toxic by ingestion. Even though it is not flammable, we still recommend a secure chemical storage building or container that meets specific regulations for storing Arsenic Trioxide. That’s why we suggest one of the following: SUPERLoc, CHEMLoc, DRUMLoc
Arsenic Trioxide Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Not flammable.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in compliant chemical storage building.
- Compatible Details: Incompatible with tannic acid, infusions of cinchona and other vegetable astringent infusions and decoctions and with iron solution
- Description: Arsenic trioxide is the inorganic compound with the formula As 2O 3. This commercially important oxide of arsenic is the main precursor to other arsenic compounds, including organoarsenic compounds. Approximately 50,000 tonnes are produced annually.
- Classification: CLASS 6.1
- Brand Name: Trisenox
Arsenic Trioxide Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|As2O3||3.74 g/cm³||465°C, 869°F||n/a||197.841 g/mol||Water||594°F (312.3°C)|