Ammonium FluorideAmmonium Fluoride (NH4F) is a white crystalline solid, noncombustible. It is corrosive to aluminum and used in chemical analysis, brewing, and as a preservative for wood. Even though it is not flammable, we still recommend a secure chemical storage building or container that meets specific regulations for storing Ammonium Fluoride. That’s why we suggest one of the following: CHEMLoc, DRUMLoc
Ammonium Fluoride Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Not flammable.
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in approved chemical storage lockers.
- Compatible Details: Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, water, most common metals, strong bases, strong acids. Attacks glass.
- Description: Ammonium fluoride is the inorganic compound with the formula NH4F. It crystallizes as small colourless prisms, having a sharp saline taste, and is exceedingly soluble in water.
- Classification: CLASS 6.1
- Brand Name: n/a
Ammonium Fluoride Properties
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|NH4F||1.01 g/cm³||N/A||Ammonium fluoride||37.037 g/mol||Cold water and hot water||21°F (10°C)|