AdiponitrileAdiponitrile (C6H8N2) is a toxic colorless solid. Because it is flammable, we recommend a safe chemical storage building that meets specific regulations for storing Adiponitrile. Please review our fire rated products: Fire-rated, SUPERLoc, DRUMLoc
Adiponitrile Storing Details
- Flammable Details: Flash point 199.4°F
- Storage Details: Keep separated from incompatible substances, such as oxidizers. Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Store in an approved flammables storage facility.
- Compatible Details: Oxidizers (e.g., perchlorates, nitrates), strong acids (e.g., sulfuric acid)
- Description: Adiponitrile is the organic compound with the formula (CH2)4(CN)2. This dinitrile, a viscous, colourless liquid, is an important precursor to the polymer nylon 66. In 2005, about one billion kilograms were produced annually.
- Classification: CLASS 6.1
- Brand Name: n/a
|Formula||Density||Boiling Point;||IUPAC ID||Molar Mass||Soluble In||Melting Point|
|C6H8N2||970.00 kg/m³||563°F (295°C)||Hexanedinitrile||108.14 g/mol||Methanol, acetone, alcohol(ethanol), chloroform, chloro||33.8°F (1°C)|